Keeping Your Wine in Best Condition
Hints for Storing Wine at Home
Keeping your wine at its best at home doesn't have to be tricky.
Keeping your wine stored correctly once you get it home will ensure that you enjoy your wine in its best possible condition. Here are a few of our best helpful hints and tips to help you create the best possible environment for your wine to rest in.
- Store bottles away from direct sun light.
- Do not store wine close to ovens or sources of heat - you will cook your wine!
- Try to keep the temperature between 10°C - 13°C.
- Store bottles lying down to keep corks moist.
- A humidity level of 75% helps to keep the corks from drying out; this can be done by placing a small dish of water by your wine rack.
- Check to make sure your rack is sturdy and able to hold a number of bottles safely.
- Remember to record the bottles you have stored, so you don't forget what you have to enjoy right at home.
- Buying a wine fridge can be an expensive yet worthwhile purchase so it is important to do your research to ensure you get the best product for what you need.
- The difference between a beverage fridge and a wine fridge is separate temperature and humidity control, so be sure you know what style of fridge you are getting.
- Ensure the racks in the fridge fit all different sizes of bottles and are easily accessed.
- Be sure, if your fridge is lit that the light can be turned off so it does not continually have the light shining on your wine.